• the power plant •
The former Enel power station in Via Bologna was built in 1897 by Turinese engineer Ermenegildo Perini for the Società Anonima Elettrica Alta Italia. The project by Cino Zucchi Architetti has recuperated the building, whose approximately 4,500 square metres of surface area are intended for public interest functions, and has highlighted its architecture, in particular the impressive Machinery Hall.
The main body of the Lavazza plant has become a large, flexible space able to welcome up to 1,000 people for cultural, musical and artistic events and activities. The independent, high-ceilinged area inside has two meeting rooms for a total of 220 seats.
the Lavazza museum
The Lavazza Museum is a place where the works are not only to be seen, but also to be touched, tested and experienced through sounds, images and aromas that involve all the senses in an unpredictable itinerary. A multisensory and interactive journey that traces the history of a company and the coffee supply chain through five thematic areas: Casa Lavazza, the Factory, La Piazza, The Atelier, The Universe.
For those who participate in the evenings there will be the possibility of purchasing, at a discounted price, a ticket with the valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
The Lavazza Museum is open every day from 10am to 8pm during the ATP.